1) The Fremont Street Experience. In the old downtown just by iconic casinos such as the Golden Nugget, you’ll find the worlds biggest video screen overhead, playing a really fantastic light show every hour on the hour from dusk. Installation pieces featuring the music of Heart, Bon Jovi, and The Doors.
2) Acrobats, jugglers, and more at Circus Circus. Starting at 11am, you can enjoy free shows in the world’s largest permanent circus, and enjoy the many carnival style games in this family friendly space.
3) Check out the wildlife habitat at the Flamingo Hotel. Take a break from the maddening crowds and head to this serene slice of paradise in the hotel grounds where you’ll find a flock of flamingoes, turtles, parrots, and other bird species.
4) The Silverton Casino has a huge (117,00 gallon) saltwater aquarium filled with tropical fish, stingrays, and sharks. This is one of the best free shows in Las Vegas, and is especially cool if visited at feeding time at 1.30pm and 4.30pm.
5) Watch a volcano explode outside the Mirage Hotel. Every half hour from 6pm until 11pm you can see fireballs shooting into the sky, accompanied by a soundtrack from The Grateful Dead’s Mickey Hart.
6) Given how many movies and TV shows they’ve been featured in, you’ve probably already seen the fountains at the Bellagio but seeing them live really is very special. It is amazing how the water seems to dance to the accompaniment of opera and classical tunes.
7) Step inside the Bellagio and you’ll see the incredibly beautiful ceilings adorned with glasswork from Dale Chihuly, and then continue inside to find the stunning Conservatory and Botanical Gardens where you can e serenaded by live music as you explore the tropical plants and trees.
8) Catch the fun but cheesy animatronics Fall of Atlantis show at the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace. There are also some beautiful aquariums to be found here, and it is a pretty awesome upscale shopping mall to explore.
Scootaround is proud to serve visitors in Las Vegas and surrounding areas. We can arrange delivery to all hotels on the Las Vegas Strip and Downtown, and are happy to assist with all your mobility needs when you’re exploring fabulous Las Vegas.
Images Used in This Article